Bachelors of Science (BSc) in Mechatronics Engineering at Kadir Has University: $15,000/year (Scholarship Available)
Kadir Has University, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Mechatronics Engineering Undergraduate Program focuses on applications such as sensor technologies, robotics and automation, which have gained great importance today and which need a synergetic combination of machinery, electronics and software. In the 2019-2020 academic year, 20 students with 100% scholarship were accepted.
The aim of the program is to provide world-class quality education with a project-based education approach,
- Equipped with universal values and competencies,
- Able to deal with all kinds of engineering problems with courage and bring solutions with multi-disciplinary and project-based approaches,
- Acquired the necessary software, hardware and design infrastructure for mechatronics engineering,
- To train engineers who can take on tasks related to research and development, design, project development and management in robotics, automation, sensor technologies and similar subjects.
All domestic and most mechatronics engineering programs abroad are structured as separate courses, most of which are compulsory. As for our Mechatronics Engineering Department,
- Transferring universal values and competencies to the student in the first year,
- Starting studies on academic and professional competencies from the second year,
- It is based on a project-based training model spanning four years.
In this approach, the subjects to be taught are covered through projects based on examples from mechatronics engineering applications to be determined in cooperation with the industry. Starting from the second semester of the lesson plan, it is ensured that the students do at least two projects each semester, question the formation they need to achieve in these projects, and acquire it through the subjects they will learn during that term. The industrial stakeholders of the program take an active role in the definition, execution, evaluation and grading of these projects. As a result, our program is an innovative program designed to provide mechatronics engineering education with a project-oriented education model to students equipped with universal values and competencies.
The language of instruction of the Department of Mechatronics Engineering is English.