Master of Arts & Social Science - Cultural Studies (Thesis) at Sabanci University: Tuition: $19500 USD/Year (Scholarship Available)
The Cultural Studies Program brings together an interdisciplinary group of scholars with a commitment to fostering new ways of analyzing and participating in contemporary cultural dynamics in Turkey and around the world.
The program covers a wide range of topics and theoretical approaches, with particular emphasis on: literary and cultural theory; gender and sexuality, transnational mobility and migration; ethnic identities and citizenship; politics of representation; memory studies and oral history.
Career prospects for graduates include:
- The cultural sector: Museums, cultural centers, publishing houses, tourism, media and internet industries
- The private sector: Advertising, public relations, marketing
- The public sector: Government-funded projects, local and municipal initiatives, E.U. and other transnational agencies
- Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs): Community work and action research particularly in the areas of cultural policy, social inclusion, public education, human rights, gender and sexual rights, refugees and asylum seekers
- Academic track: Graduates interested in research or academic career will be competitive candidates for MA and PhD programs in the social sciences and humanities, specially in the fields of Sociology, Anthropology, Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, and Geography.
Cultural Studies MA Program Objectives
The Master’s program in Cultural Studies is designed to enhance dialogue and collaborative research among humanities and social sciences, bringing together scholars in anthropology, literary criticism and sociology. It fosters an open intellectual atmosphere where students and academic staff engage with ongoing debates on critical issues of cultural politics in Turkey and around the world in the era of neo-liberal globalism.