Bachelors of Science (BSc) in Economics at TED University: $7,000/year (Scholarship Available)
The aim of our program is to establish a research and education center with high standards by following innovative economic theory and providing developments in literature to our students. The Department of Economics values international communication with the world’s leading universities. Our target is to give our graduates the ability of understanding and analyzing the contemporary subjects and problems of the Turkish and world economy with the appropriate methods.
The mission of the Department of Economics at TED University is to endow students with modern economic theory as well as the modern analytical and quantitative methods of economics to help them understand the contemporary economic issues in a cause and effect relationship.
TED University offers a common core content of one year for FEAS students and allows its students to make their own choice when selecting their major; thereby, giving our students have the advantage of an educated decision to commit to Economics Major. Our curriculum offers a large selection of elective courses and minors.
The education philosophy of TEDU featuring a large selection of elective courses, innovative teaching pedagogies, a student centered approach, and a balanced focus on both the depth and extensiveness of knowledge will allow our students to acquire a unique education which will prepare them for their leading roles in their professional lives. Graduates of this programs will be able to
- Understand economic concepts and principles
- Understand economic theory and modeling approaches
- Organize, absorb, build, analyze and evaluate both qualitative and quantitative data
- Understand the contemporary economic issues in a cause and effect relationship
- Find the problem, simplify it without losing its relevance, and trace its core ideas while drawing logical conclusions
- Suggest solutions and policies to real-life problems.
- Apply quantitative methods and computing techniques across a range of problems
- Critically apply economic reasoning to policy issues
- Be knowledgeable in a number of specialized areas of economics
- Apply analytical and independent thinking